Return to the Home Page
|Spelling Lessons||Basic English||Intermediate English||Everyday English|
|Links to English Sites||Click here to see the Links to Educational Resource Sites|
This page will contain links to English sites that we feel may be useful or interesting for you. Many other possibilities exist for you on the internet. Just type the search words you want to know more about - English lessons, correct spelling, learning English, everyday words in English and so on - in the search bar at the top of your computer screen and you will be shown more pages than you know what to do with. If the browser you use does not have enough examples, go to some of the larger search engines or directories and look for more. (Updated 4/29/07.)
Note: several links have been deleted because they were not valid, had changed their formats, or were not relevant for visitors to this site. 2/17/08
1. www.englishpractice.com : This site offers weekly lessons, a weekly e-mail with highlights of the site's activities and lessons arranged by course or by level. Gives British and American usages. E-mail lessons are available.
2. Net Learn Languages. Work one-on-one with an instructor or with a multi-national group of up to six students. Sign up for regular lesson times. Communicate with the instructor in real time. You need to enroll.
4. English lessons via e-mail. Free lessons, three levels, every week. Lessons include Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension and more. Answers to lesson exercises are sent by email 4 days after the lessons. You must sign up to take part.
5. Free on-line lessons. Several levels. You answer the questions online and receive a score. Free downloads. Ask Dr. Grammar any questions you have about English and he will email an answer. Seems to be good stuff.
7. http://eslus.com/eslcenter.htm : This site offers instructional materials on all aspects of the English language and at a variety of levels.
8. http://esl.about.com/cs/intermediate : English lessons that can be done on-line - answers marked and results given. The site seems to be overrun by pop-up ads so be prepared.
9. ESL for Traveling Students. This site offers thorough explanations of all aspects of the English language, with examples of many points. A good working knowledge of English will be necessary for a student to be able to use this site.
10. English Portal. The Better Way to English. We offer a collection of thousands of vocabulary and grammar exercises, articles, games, business English. Lesson topics include vocabulary, grammar, games, business English, conversation situations, etc. With our learning statistics you can track your English improvement daily. Design your training plan yourself - it's easy and fun! Some of the simpler and easier activities are free on the site, but for more serious work, you need to pay a monthly subscription fee.
11. Talk English. This interactive site gives you the chance to listen to spoken English on your computer. Lessons are broken down into small, easy to learn pieces covering grammar and practical topics. You also can send in a recording of your speech for an evaluation and have questions answered via e-mail.
13. The website www.verbs-online.com is about learning the English, (as well as French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Portuguese) verbs. You can conjugate verbs on the page for free. I tried an exercise on the site and it worked well. I typed in the answers and at the end of the exercise my work was evaluated and a grade was given.
14. "Free Online Activities to Learn English at Open English World" Open English World provides free activities to help improve your English. The Weekly Idiom will help to improve your spoken English. Business Jargon will improve your business English conversation. Talk English will help you speak English fluently in daily life. The Forum is a place to meet students, ask questions, and discuss activities.
15. http://www.learn-english-today.com : This site has many free lessons and activities, is easy to use, and can be a valuable resource to people wanting to learn or improve their English at several levels.
16. Learn English online with English Daily - Your Free Resources to Better English. Learn English online - free exercises, idioms, common abbreviations, slang, proverbs and much more.
17. Learn English online with Polite English - Your Free Resources to Better English. Welcome to polite-english.com, a free survival guide for all who would like to perfect their spoken English language. Here we provide the simplest and most frequently used expressions. By mastering them, you should not be at a loss for words. Practice these common English expressions and you will feel more confident in your private and business dealings.
18. Learn English guide, all about how to learn English and how to speak English.
19. Printable practice worksheets for math, grammar, spelling, handwriting, and more! Some lessons are downloadable PDF files and other lessons can be printed directly from the screen. From Basic levels upward.
20. Global English provides many flexible programs and gives direct feedback to those either looking to improve their skills, or hoping to gain the right experience to be able to teach English abroad. There is a tuition fee for the courses offered.
21. English Gateway: Online vocabulary lessons (with audio) for intermediate and advanced ESL learners. Exercises on idioms, phrasal verbs and collocations. Teacher blog and worksheets.
22. Learn English Easily: You too can learn English easily from A to Z hassle free and find all fast ways to make the maximum difference in the minimum time. Note: I added this site to my list before checking it out. When I did go to the site, I found out it was merely a referral site, with links to many legitimate sources of English instruction, and some links not very relevant. "Learn English Easily" offers no lessons or instruction on its own, other than a sort-of informative narrative about how to learn English on your own and why it is important in today's world to learn English. This narrative is mainly used to connect the links to actual instructional sites.
23. Lesson Corner's Puzzle Makers allow teachers to find or create their own free custom word search, scramble or crossword puzzles.
24. For articles and
spelling activities (as well as much more for teachers and learners of English)
, The English Language Garden at www.elgweb.net
has a lot to offer. You can answer questions, see the correct answers, and see your final score.
25. Speak English and Other
Languages. This site offers an extensive collection of useful English
phrases covering most aspects of one's daily life as well as useful, practical
vocabulary words. However, these phrases and vocabulary words are not
given in context or used in sentences, so a learner would need to have prior
knowledge of them or would have to use a dictionary. They've now added
sound for all the words and phrases on the site. Also, were you
aware that translations for all the words and phrases are available in 33
different languages? You can switch the language the site is in and see
the translations by following the links to the different language versions at
the bottom of each page.
26. Christchurch College of English Ltd : English As A
Second Language School Christchurch New Zealand
The Christchurch College of English New Zealand is an English language school offering courses to study and learn English as a Second language for general communication, business or academic purposes.
28. Learn to Speak English. The site features free on-line video lessons, links to and examples of efficient learning techniques and materials. This comes from England. so slang and terminology is British rather than American. The core is still good English.
29. An informative and resourceful site: http://www.eslpartyland.com/. It has a ton of information and resources on a variety of ESL topics for teachers and students. Site includes practical lessons and exercises for students and creative and practical ideas for teachers.
30. English www.englishlanguageguide.com English language guide, the right site to learn the English language.
31. Free English
Courses Online Online English courses taught by qualified
teachers. Your first ten English lessons are free! 32.
2. www.uottawa.ca/academic/arts/writcent/hypergrammar/spelling.html : The address is almost as long as the lessons, which are put together by the University of Ottawa. Good, practical information for learning to spell English.
3. www.dyslexia.org/spelling_rules.shtml : The address pretty well says it all.
4. www.common-mistakes.net Learn English online with Common-Mistakes - Your Free Resources to Better English. Welcome to a collection of some of the most frequently misspelled, commonly confused and easily misused words. Be careful since all examples are valid words, your spell checker will not (!) pick up the mistake.
5. Spelling Lesson Plans - http://www.lessoncorner.com/English/Spelling
LessonCorner has organized a collection of Spelling lesson plans and
worksheets. Our goal is not only to create the best collection of
worksheets and lesson plans on the web, but also to make it
|c. 2000 - 2017 Montoursville, PA 17754|
Favorite Songs from the 50's to the 80's
Practice reading Everyday English with the Lyrics of the songs and with stories of the singers and bands at www.mikiemetric.com .